Friday, April 15, 2011

Summer time...

and there is nothing on TV.

Sometimes I wish my blog didn't have a theme because there hasn't been much going on lately. For the last couple of weeks, it felt like every show has been a repeat. As much as I love spring and summer, the nights definitely get boring when there is nothing on TV. At least the last couple of weeks would have a sprinkling of new episodes throughout the mix, but for the most part, it was all repeats and basketball. I don't really enjoy March Madness, although, I did watch Pitt lose to Butler, but the foul shot after foul shot ending was more completely ridiculous than enjoyable. I rejoiced when I checked the TVGuide and saw that NBC was finally giving us an all-new Thursday Comedy Night Done Right - All Night. The rehashed version of Curb Your Enthusiasm starring Paul Reiser had a couple laughs and even featured Curb star Larry David "giving it his blessing," but it's not funny enough and I'm not a fan of straight-up ripping off another show; it's a weak move. Other than that, NBC totally delivered. I had planned to review a bottle of Brewery Ommegang's Hennepin Farmhouse Saison. Honestly, I can't give a review...while breaking a lot of beer advocacy rules by putting the bottle in my freezer to cool it down faster, I forgot about it, and it sat frozen for 2 days. Luckily the cork allowed some pressure to escape and the glass didn't break. I let it thaw slowly, and it tasted excellent, but from what I've read, anytime you over-cool a beer you mute a lot of the flavors. I'll have to buy this one again and see if that is true.

No comments:

Post a Comment